Raindrop Campaign relies entirely on charitable donations
There are not many things more moving than watching children help other children in need. Our fund raising events have always involved children who have shown remarkable empathy and helped raise thousands of pounds. Could you join us in our next fund-raise?
Five facts about slum dwelling in India
1) Over 65 million people live in slums. That is the same as the population of the UK.
2) A lack of clean water, toilet facilities, sewage systems is a daily challenge.
3) Children as young as five start working as rag pickers, sewage cleaners or even home help.
4) India's largest slum in Mumbai Dharavi is home to doctors, policemen, teachers and micro-businesses.
5) India's recycling industry relies heavily on slum dwellers.
Thank you for your support
Raindrop Campaign is a UK registered charity regulated by the Charity Commission for England and Wales. It is our aim to get as close as possible to the cause we support by regular engagement with our partners and visits to the sites funded by our donors.
We called our charity 'Raindrop' to symbolise the importance of every tiny drop, with every penny making a difference.
Education can open doors and change lives
Some children never know what it's like to go to school, so they remain trapped in poverty their whole lives. It's infinitely worse for children with disabilities. Governments can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to do whatever we can – even if it seems like a single insignificant raindrop in a desert.